COMPRESS Heat Exchanger Design Option
About the ASME (UHX)/TEMA Heat Exchanger Option
Design shell and tube heat exchangers to TEMA and/or ASME (UHX) rules with the COMPRESS heat exchanger option. Features include:
- Fixed, U-tube and floating tubesheet designs
- Simplified, step-by-step data entry mode
- UHX elastic-plastic analysis (if required)
- Flanged and flued expansion joints
- Appendix 26 bellows expansion
- ASME shell bands
- Specify up to 8 different design conditions
- Preference-based automatic Appendix 2 (custom) flange detailing
- Automatic baffle placement
- Tube-to-tubesheet joint calculations
- Tube field layout capability
- Interface with HTRI's Xchanger Suite®
- 3D solid model export to third party software *
* With current a Support and Update Service subscription
Import HTRI® Files Into COMPRESS
How to Import HTRI Files Into COMPRESS
The COMPRESS / HTRI Interface aids engineers with optimizing both the thermal and mechanical design of a heat exchanger by preventing duplicate data entry and streamlining communication between the different departments.
Download "HTRI Interface" Video (.mov)
To enable collaboration between
Mechanical and Thermal Designers,
COMPRESS offers a read / write
interface with HTRI's Xchanger Suite. The HTRI interface is included at no additional charge with the COMPRESS heat exchanger option.
HTRI Xchanger Suite users can
access shell and tube heat exchanger (Xist) files
directly from within COMPRESS. Required mechanical details
not present in the HTRI
file are automatically provided as well as suggestions
for optimal thicknesses for various exchanger components.
This linkage allows for quick investigation of the effects of
mechanical changes on exchanger performance.
Visit www.htri.net to learn more about Xchanger Suite.
How It Works
- Import your HTRI Xchanger Suite file by selecting "File | HTRI Interface | Open HTRI File." A COMPRESS model is generated based on the exchanger specified in the HTRI file.
- Add required mechanical details to the thermal design. The software provides suggestions for optimal thicknesses for various components and ensures that the mechanical design meets ASME Code requirements.
- Optionally, re-run the thermal analysis from within COMPRESS using the HTRI interface or save the design as an HTRI file and open it in Xchanger Suite. Ensure that mechanical changes made did not affect the thermal performance of the equipment.
- This process can be repeated until a fully-optimized exchanger design is obtained.
We're here to help. Contact Us or Call 941.927.2670 for